My name is Michael Hohlweg. I have no medical training, but I believe I have discovered the cause of diverticulitis!
Free help is available through the author’s family by clicking the “Help Me Free” tab at the top of this page. Please use integrity in choosing this option.
What Your Doctors Are Taught !
- Doctors, nutritionists and gastroenterologists consider diverticulitis to be incurable. In fact, if you see a doctor for your diverticulitis or diverticulosis, he/she may have told you that you will get worse over time.
- Doctors know that diverticular disease (diverticulosis and diverticulitis) is simply a disease of inflammation, which in many cases is so severe that bulges (diverticula) are beginning to rupture through the wall of the patient’s colon.
- I believe that inflammation of the colon in diverticular disease patients is caused by eating foods I call “Catalyst Foods.”
- Your time is valuable and I am not about to waste it. Please give me a couple of minutes to explain why I believe this theory is accurate and why it might be the most important information any diverticulitis patient could know.
What Causes Diverticulitis ?
Please Don’t Skip This Section!
Allopathic medicine (meaning modern doctors and pharmaceutical companies) teaches that the cause and cure for diverticulitis are a mystery. This is not just my claim. Here are medical website links that prove what I am saying:
I completely agree with doctors and pharmaceutical companies when they admit that they don’t know the cause or cure for diverticulitis.
I Asked Myself: “What reaches our colons that could be causing the inflammation? My belief is that It had to be either stomach acid or food, since that is all that passes through. As it turns out, it is both that may be causing the inflammation and damage.
Imagine a hay fever patient doing yard work and mowing lawns every day for years. Eventually he will have severe respiratory problems and possibly lung infections. His lungs, like your colon, will be inflamed. A doctor will give him nasal sprays, decongestants and antibiotics. He may feel better, but if he keeps doing yard work, the suffering will continue and the inflammation will get worse.
Does this sound like you? Do you keep eating the same foods the same way but expect to get better? You and I could both tell the “allergy guy” how to get better. Somehow it is harder to fix ourselves.
Below are the 8 most common treatments for diverticulitis. If you have tried them, you know that they are treatments and not cures. Are you doing the things that keep you sick, like our “allergy guy” above?
Here`s The 8 Most Common Treatment Options For Diverticulitis Sufferers. You already know this, but they don’t fix the problem.
If you have tried them, you know that they are short lived treatment options and do not offer long term relief from diverticulitis.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apply a heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Consider invasive, risky procedures (-oscopies), or even removal of all or part of the colon (-ectomies).
- Use antibiotics and other prescription meds and acid blockers.
- Maintain regular bathroom habits; avoid straining and laxatives.
- Undergo a colonoscopy, barium enema, X-rays, or scans.
- Take over-the-counter pain and acid blocking drugs.
- Mayo Clinic Diet: Use the most recommended diet in the world for diverticulitis sufferers, which has never cured one patient. Read it from the Mayo Clinic’s own “mouth”: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diverticulitis-diet/my00736 Ask yourself why you submit to diets, procedures, and treatments that don’t work.
What Has Everyone Missed?
My theory is that diverticulitis, like all the other digestive disorders is related to stomach acid. The others are GERD, heartburn, acid reflux, Crohn’s, colitis, IBD, IBS and celiac disease, to name a few. All these diseases have one thing in common: acid. Acid, in excess, can cause abdominal pain and bloating. It may also cause the weakening of the colon lining which allows diverticula (pouches) to form. Medical studies agree that these conditions are related to the over- or even under-production of hydrochloric acid by the stomach during digestion.
This is why some of these diseases are even named after their acidic origins, names such as heartburn and acid reflux. Diverticulitis is one member of the acidic disease group. Again, if you want proof from the medical community, here are two internet sources that document the fact that GERD and other stomach disorders are related to high or even low stomach acid:
How Can We Know If This Theory is Correct?
I used to suffer from this acid related digestive disorder. Then for two years I lived overseas. While I was abroad, I generally ate with my local friends, and ate what they ate. During that time, I noticed that my digestive condition simply went away. Why would a “disease” just go away when I ate differently? When I returned home to the U.S. my condition came back. I eventually understood that it was my diet that was causing the problem.
I did my own research and found that diverticular disease exists predominantly in seven countries. The other 180+ countries, with billions of people, have near zero incidences of diverticulitis. Doubt what I am telling you? Here is what doctors at Cornell University said (paraphrased): 30% to 65% of the population in the “Western world” have this disease. Then they compared that to the near-zero incidences elsewhere — Africa, for example. Asia also has almost none! The disease is epidemic in seven places, almost nonexistent elsewhere. We need a diverticulitis diet and it can be simple! Again, here are the medical citations:
Which 7 places with only 15% of the world’s population have nearly 90% of the diverticulitis patients?
If you have diverticular disease, you are from one of the locations below:
What Do These 7 Hot Spots Have in Common?
With the few facts above, it didn’t take a medical degree to see that the over/under production of acid (and bad food combinations) may well be what is causing diverticulitis. Could avoiding a few “Catalyst Foods” or catalyst combinations be the solution? I am confident that it is. My next question was: If diet causes diverticulitis, could a diverticulitis diet also end diverticulitis? I tested my theory on myself and for me, the answer was YES.
For almost two years I tested my diverticulitis diet theories out on myself and two willing friends, each of whom shared my digestive nightmare. Eventually I figured out which foods, seemed to cause all the trouble… we named them “catalyst foods!”
I found that we could all eat any almost food we wanted (except 5 specific foods), but when we ate any of those 5 catalyst foods or any two of the “catalyst combination foods” together, the results were dramatic… dramatically bad. Sometimes the result was immediate, and sometimes delayed, but the result was always one or more of the following: heartburn, feeling acidic, bloating, abdominal pain, gas, meals “just sitting there,” discomfort, and toilet “drama.” Sometimes they even trigger an attack. Once they see the list, most of our clients can trace their last attack or flare-up to a catalyst food eaten within hours of an attack.
Doctors Are Not Your Only Option !
As we proved earlier from the medical websites, doctors are taught that the cause of diverticulitis is a mystery. Would you hire a professional in any other field who told you he/she didn’t know the cause or solution to your problem? Plumbing, auto repair, anything? Of course not. Why are you doing that with your health?
Will this plan be hard to follow?
Pardon me here while I switch from enthusiastic website owner to a no-hype realist. Although the program is straightforward, changing your eating style is difficult. Yes, there are those who will sell you $100 bottles of aloe capsules, ebooks or diets claiming cures without effort. That is not us, this is a diverticulitis diet and you will have to change some things. You will still be able to eat 99% of the foods you are used to, but you will have to exercise restraint and avoid the catalyst foods and trigger food combinations we recommend. Rules are hard to follow but let me ask you this: Is the suffering you go through now easy?
- You’ll receive the 26 page Diverticulitis Pain Free Foods Healing Plan downloaded now right to your computer screen. You don’t need to be a computer person. It’s automatic. (Hardcopy plus digital copy now available too!)
- Too busy to read the book now? Go straight to the “5-Minute Quick Start” section and eliminate the catalyst foods and catalyst combinations with your very next bite.
- Your Diverticulitis Pain Free Foods Healing Plan divides all food into categories. These categories are shown in full-page color charts. This is as simple as a diverticulitis diet can be. You also get the catalyst food list with the program.
- You can eat almost any food you want, just don’t eat a catalyst food or mix trigger foods in the same meal. You will not be deprived or go hungry. You can even eat meat in moderation and drink coffee and tea. There are 5 foods that you should not eat (and almost everyone with diverticulitis eats them) and we tell you what they are and which substitutes are perfectly acceptable.
- You get full lifetime access to the complete and searchable online recipe collection — you don’t have to think about charts or rules. Just choose and eat: entrees, desserts, snacks, breakfasts, smoothies, breads, side dishes and dressings, all designed to be healthy and great-tasting. It’s better than any paper cookbook because it is always growing. You will use this over and over, and it never gets lost or dirty. The hardcopy edition has the full recipe collection now as well.
- Use the recipe collection to make your own custom menu for a week or two until you get used to using the simple chart. Since the recipe collection has breakfasts, lunches, dinners and all other choices you need. Just pick the ones that sound great to you and your personal custom menu is done!
- New, the 7-day menu and shopping list! We received so many requests for this, we had no choice. We hand select 21 great meals from the program and give you a hopping list to use at the store. Just delete what you already have and you’re set. You don’t even have to wait to read the program.
- You will receive 20 weekly issues of the Diverticulitis Diet (DPFF) newsletter… hot tips, medicine information, healing tricks such as how to stop an attack or diverticulitis flare-up. Our newsletter helps you heal by educating you and we never use it to sell you anything.
- You get free unlimited email support and free phone support with Rachel Hohlweg, the co-author. Emails answered 7 days a week!
- The only comprehensive service of it’s kind, valued at well over $150.00 but the founding author’s philosophy is “let’s help everyone!”
Diverticulitis Pain Free Foods. This is the book that sells out every printing and has helped thousands with their diverticulitis for good. People who have read these 20 plus pages tell us they don’t know how they lived without this book. Worth much more than anything you have ever read about diverticulitis. Some use a couple of our strategies but you will agree, this is practical working knowledge unique to this author and his research.
$28 Retail Value
Recipe Collection: Grab these mouth watering, no pain diet recipes for FREE when you get the diverticulitis pain free program today. Great entrees, desserts, breads and snacks. The grouping rules are already built in for you. No thinking necessary. Just cook and eat. 200 recipes. This type of book sells for $15 to $49 elsewhere alone.
$27 Retail Value – Yours Free
The Eat Out Guide: Dont get caught off guard when you go out with your family and friends. With this FREE eat out guide for diverticulitis sufferers. So many of our customers were concerned about the fact that it is easy to follow the diet while at home…. but what do you do when you are out eating with friends or visiting family? We solved that problem with this eat out guide that clearly shows you how you can enjoy normal day to day activities without accidentally eating the wrong foods.
$3 Retail Value – Yours Free
The 7-day menu and shopping list: As clear and straightforward as the program is, some people just like to be told what to eat right now without having to read rules or make up their own menu. This is the answer. We give you 21 meals and a shopping list for the grocery store to be able to make them. Check your fridge first so you don’t buy things you already have and you are set. The only way to make it easier than this is if we came to your house and did the cooking for you (no we won’t come to your home and cook for you)!
$15 Retail Value – Yours Free
Diverticulitis Newsletter, 5 month subscription: Get the latest news on diverticulitis from news to medicine and more…Now you can stay up to date with the latest news on diverticulitis and how it could impact you now or in the future.
$37 Retail Value – Yours Free
Ongoing Email Support: Value $35 – Yours Free
Contact us anytime about anything, 7 days a week. Email: painfreefoods@hughes(dot)net. Rachel is glad to help. No other online diverticulitis program provides you with this quality of support!
50 things you must know: Besides the program to get well. You need to know how to treat diarrhea, constipation, how to safely eat what you have in the fridge or cupboard, how to keep from having attacks and flare-ups and how to stop one that is starting now. Every question we are commonly asked in 5 years of coaching is in the “50 Things You Absolutely Must Know”. Stop just one attack or have a great month… you will say this book alone is worth $100!
$25 Retail Value – Yours Free